Re: [DL] The Civil War again

>          He was part of Berdan's Sharpshooters, a
> regiment that paid for
> its own green uniforms and developed a reputation
> big enough to be allowed
> to keep them.

Would this formation be in any relationship to the
"King's Rifle Regiments" common to the 1800's? I've
been reading the Sharpe series and they were Green
Jackets as well, for those with rifle rather than
musket.

=====
"A lie gets halfway round the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Winston Churchill