[DL] The Pride O' Texas

Got a question for you Marshals out there.

I've been wanting to introduce a Ranger NPC into my group for a while. We
had a Ranger PC once. He died rather tragically (but went down fightin like
the Texas Bad Ass he was).

The problem is that my Posse isn't connected to any organization. A Ranger
in their midst would be someone with rank, authority, and orders to follow.
The last Ranger had missions to do. The Characters were always looking for
adventure and would go along with him. But most of the time the Ranger would
have to deputize them or reimburse their expenses to get them to go along.

So how do other Marshals handle a group with only one Ranger or Lawman? How
do your Posses justify going along with or listening to a Ranger? Was the
Ranger just along for the ride and hoped the group would lead him to
situations where he would be needed? Were your characters (like mine)
frequently deputized or hired as troubleshooters by the Rangers?

Talison
--

"You're a daisy if ya do."

Dock Holiday in "Tombstone"