Re: [DL] (slightly OT)How to make any roleplayer angry.

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:50:48 -0500 David R Goecke <mightygecko@juno.com>
writes:
> There for my RPG playing has been condoned by a PRIEST! MWAHAHA!!

Yeah, that won't get you very far in the Jack Chick crowd.  "Dark
Dungeons" is funny and amusingly anachronistic, but the anti-Catholic
Chick tracts are downright scary.  The propaganda in those things rivals
what the Nazis put out against the Jews.  Chick himself may be harmless
and batshi*t insane, but you never know what's going to mobilize the
idiots.
Bringing it back to gaming, though...there's another tract about "The
Living Dead" that some people thought would be a good thing to hand out
at a park where a large Vampire LARP was going on.  The tracts ran out in
under ten minutes; they were quite the collector's item that night.  I'm
not sure if the people handing them out thought their message was getting
through or whether they knew that people were only taking them for the
giggle factor, but they never came back.

From Whom It May Concern,
Rich Ranallo

"Rock and Roll will be the new planetary culture, believe it or not."
-Prof. Michio Kaku