Re:[DL] Confederate 4th Amendment, FYI

--- GriffithC@aol.com wrote:
> And of course, all that is moot in the Confederacy
> anyway, which doesn't
> recognize the U.S. Constitution. Not being a
> Confederate Constitutional
> scholar, but being a Southerner, I could imagine the
> South having even
> stricter rules governing search and seizure because
> Southerners are flat out
> nuts about protecting their property rights. My
> suspicion is if a Southern
> home owner shot a sheriff who entered his home, no
> Southern jury would
> convict him because he was just protecting his own.

it's not really called the 4th Amendment, but then I
don't really know what to call it except Section 9

Article 1, Section 9 of the Confederate Constitution
Part 15
"The right of the people to be secure in their
persons, houses, papers, and effects, against
unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be
violated; and no warrants shall issue but upon
probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and
particularly describing the place to be searched and
the persons or things to be seized. "
Part 16
"No person shall be held to answer for a capital or
otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or
indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in
the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in
actual service in time of war or public danger; nor
shall any person be subject for the same offense to be
twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor be
compelled, in any criminal case, to be a witness
against himself; nor be deprived of life, liberty, or
property without due process of law; nor shall private
property be taken for public use, without just
compensation. "

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/csa/csa.htm
-doc