Re: [DL] (slightly OT)How to make any roleplayer angry.

On Monday, June 3, 2002, at 12:51  PM, bobfletch@erols.com wrote:

> We had a similar experience when someone was handing them out outside
> the
> gaming store we went to.  He didn't appreciate us asking for extra
> copies
> because we thought it was so funny we wanted to share it with all of our
> friends.  Apparently we were supposed to realize that we were about to
> be
> initiated into the dark arts, and thus run scared from the store.

My former local store (you will be missed) never had anything like this
happen, although after a bad business venture of combining with a music
store, we got some clashing philosophies.

> I have a similar pamphlet (though not quite so goofy) produced by the
> 700 Club (I live in Norfolk, VA, Pat Robertson's backyard) during one
> of their pushes against RPG's a few years back.  I also have a number
> of articles about the subject I've photocopied over the years.  If
> anyone is interested in collecting that sort of stuff as well, I'd be
> happy to make copies and snail-mail them to you.  Just let me know via
> private e-mail.

I used to have a site bookmarked that was a pro-RPG propaganda site.
Good site with lots of well-reasoned articles, so the pro-rpg view was
more logical and thought out than the Chick Tracts idea, and with
deeper, more convincing arguments.

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)