RE: Re: [DL] Hucksters

I think the reason here is that players are so often unwilling t accept
the 'minus' that comes with the plus. In my DL and HOE games, we have
seen blessed, psykers, and one blood mage (but that's another story...
he thinks being a freak is a good thing... but he'll learn. Oh, and when
they travel North he may meet the Whately family on business.). Why?
These are relatively safe backgrounds... The downsides are moral codes,
controllable  power limits, and being an outcast (which tends to get
ignored because outcast PCs are difficult to work into many plots) which
don't bother players nearly as much as a an occasional roll to see if
their head explodes.

I've never had a problem with any of the other AB's, but I will admit that I've never wanted to play a Mad Scientist because I don't like all the reliability rolls.  I recently chose a Templar in HoE at least in part because their powers are a little more subtle and there isn't a drawback to the powers themselves.

http://mail2web.com/ .