[DL] Texas Rangers Competition (long)

Hi all,

After the semi-recent discussion concerning Lone Stars and what could
have been in it, I thought we could have a competition to put together
some fan related stuff that adds to the whole Texas Rangers picture.

The competition is to come up with some Texas Rangers related work.
That's it. It could be fiction, hexes, backgrounds and stats for
characters (either those mentioned in the book - or some of your own
creation), or anything else you can think of (although I think it would
be best if art is only used to aid your entry rather than be a
submission all of it's own).  So for those of you with the Lone Stars
book feel free to use it as inspiration, those without the book can use
either the information contained in Law Dogs or anything they can find
out about the real Texas Rangers.

Judging the competition will be Kevin Stoner and myself.  The
submissions will be judged on originality, game balance,  writing
quality and contribution (what it adds to the Texas Rangers in
Deadlands)

The prize for the competition has been kindly donated by Mr McGlothlin
and is of course a signed copy of Lone Stars.  To those who are already
in possession of Lone Stars, Shane has generously offered an alternate
sourcebook as a prize.  So I guess it is entirely possible for the
competition to end up with 2 winners.  In order to ease my job of
sorting out the prizes at the end of the day, please can you indicate
whether you will require an alternative to the Lone Stars prize when
you send your entry (sorting out what the alternative is can be done
once a winner is picked)

Please note, that although Christopher McGlothlin and Shane have been
kind enough to donate prizes,  this competition is in NO WAY connected
to PEG.  It will be fan run and judged.

The closing date for your entries to the competition is Wednesday the
31st July 2002.

The email address to which submissions should be sent to is
reemull@yahoo.co.uk

Clarifications

1) Feel free to enter using whichever system you wish, i.e. classic or
D20 systems as these are the two systems covered in PEG products.
GURPS Deadlands submissions are also welcome (multi-system submissions
are especially welcome - but not required)

2) Kevin and I are not all knowing about each of the Deadlands systems,
so if you are submitting an entry that includes stats for a single game
system - please provide enough description to allow judges not as
knowledgeable with that system an opportunity to judge the idea if not
the game balance behind your numbers.

3) Feel free to enter as many times as you wish - however if your idea
covers more than one format please post this as a single submission
(i.e. your Ranger characters stats, fiction about the character and a
special hex that he knows - is better to be sent as one submission
rather than 3 separate ones.)

4) My plan is to send replies acknowledging the receipt of every entry
that is sent.  If I am going to be away from my email address for a
significant period of time, or if this plan somehow changes then  I
will post to the list informing everyone of this.

5) Again to reiterate - this competition is in no way connected to
Pinnacle.

Anyway I think that is everything - if anyone has any questions - ask
away.

Cheers

Roy Spence