Re: [DL] any idea what's going on.. [possible spoilers]

--- Markus Finster <markus.finster@chello.at> wrote:
> In my campaign I've got the
>  >Franco-Prussian war still going on.

<snippity snip snip>

> In that case, Austria would have heavily modernized
> it's army and weaponry after the defeat from 1866.
> (Remember that some great inventors came from
> Austria!)

In my game, I view the Reckoning (the events of July
3rd 1863) having a trickling effect, the manitou race
across the world from Gettysburg in much the same way
that water races down the slats of a rooftop. I don't
see the manitou being suddenly everywhere at once, so
in my campaign most of the wars that started before
the Reckoning around the world aren't still going on.
The manitou, when first released, put all of their
energy into bringing the Reckoners out in America, so
the other parts of the world have had less attention.
By 1876, I see the manitou having been able to cross
the globe, but they still focus on specifc areas
(California, Virginia, London) in order to raise
overall fear.
-doc