Re: [DL] any idea what's going on..

At 09:22 16.06.2002, Eric Young wrote:

 >| in China during the Weird West?
 >|

 >Personally, I'm really interested on some official word as to what's going
 >on in Europe. Especially with the Franco-Prussian war. Did it still happen,
 >and if so what kinds of weirdness were involved? In my campaign I've got the
 >Franco-Prussian war still going on. It was prolonged by the reckoners in
 >much the same way as the Civil War. Which of course is quickly leading the
 >world into the first world war. Since the British are allied with the CSA,
 >and the French are allied with Mexico. This has lead the Germans to consider
 >an alliance with the Union, so that they too can get some ghost rock... I
 >had my posse encounter a German ghost rock powered U-Boat in the Maze that
 >saved them from two Mexican Navy ships.
 >

 >But it would be nice to get some official word on it.

Nothing official from me, but just something on the Franco-Prussian War:
The Germans had a tremendeously advanced army. The French lost every battle
in this short war.
If you want to prolong it, than you should consider that Austria attacks
Germany from the Southeast - Revenge for Königgrätz, if you will.
Therefore, Prussia would have to split his armies, which could negate the
initial advantage of a more modern army.
In that case, Austria would have heavily modernized it's army and weaponry
after the defeat from 1866.
(Remember that some great inventors came from Austria!)

Markus