Re: [DL] any idea what's going on.. [China]

| At 20:51 16.06.2002, Wes Anderson wrote:
|  >This topic has been covered here before.
|  >
|  >And the biggest thing that has always been pointed out, is the game is
the
|  >Weird WEST!
|  >
|  >Not Weird Europe, Not Weird China. The game has and is supposed to
represent
|  >the American West, thus the gunslingers etc. So I think its unlikely we
will
|  >ever see sourcebooks for every continent.

But what happens when you're playing a character that's from one of these
places? Just in terms of background wouldn't it be nice to know what's going
on back home? Or what kinds of things they'd be familiar with?
One of the very rare times I actually got to play instead of being the
marshal I played an Irish Catholic priest who had served with Her Majesty's
forces in India before coming to America. Even in our own world the fighting
in India was pretty bad, and the things they saw would have been very
strange to someone who grew up in a small village in Ireland. Who knows what
kind of weird things he saw over there in the Deadlands world... I talked
the marshal into letting me take a variant of Veteran of the Weird West to
account for his experiences in India. Which also worked well as background
for his Hankerin' for Alcohol... and those flashbacks of the time he was
charged by a zombie elephant...

Eric Young