RE: [DL] any idea what's going on.. [China]

At 20:51 16.06.2002, Wes Anderson wrote:
 >This topic has been covered here before.
 >
 >And the biggest thing that has always been pointed out, is the game is the
 >Weird WEST!
 >
 >Not Weird Europe, Not Weird China. The game has and is supposed to represent
 >the American West, thus the gunslingers etc. So I think its unlikely we will
 >ever see sourcebooks for every continent.

Well, we don't need sourcebooks for Anna and the King of Siam, but the
original question was for background information for Chinese characters,
i.e. what reason could a Chinese worker/soldier/whatever have to set sail
for the new world.
At least, it'll bring even more color to the Weird West.

Markus