Re: [DL] martial arts question

Yes and hello there I dont recognize your name but welcome. I am
currently in the middle of several Deadlands related projects and yes
the Martial Artist is one. I felt that the monk didnt fit entirely into
Deadlands since it was WAY to powerful and Martial Artists are AB
characters. Therefor they get Chi points(like spell points for blessed
and huckster) and spend those, only they are very limited in Chi buying
ability. I am using the Psychic Warrior as a Template for the number of
Chi powers. I cannot project when this will be done but I can
definately predict some major butt kicking when it is. As for D20
versus classic, I play D20 and Classic though I run D20. And I am a
huge advocate of it since it finally gave me the opportunity to run it
for people who really love the idea but dont want to learn a new
system. Anyway I look forward to seeing you on the list.

Marshal Kevin Stoner

--0-415212104-1024507502=:16337

I wanted to know how everyone is handling the Martial Artist under the D20 system. I'm currently converting my posse's chatacters over to D20 so I can see how it's going to work and whether or not I should stay with the original system or change over to D20. One of them is a Martial Artist and the best thing I can come up with is to allow him the Monk class out of Player's handbook. What do ya'll think?

Oh and one other thing, can someone explain to me the diffrence between the marksman feat and the special ability given to the Rifleman prestige class. You need the Marksman feat to get the coup de gras ability but the coup de gras ability seems weaker that the feat...I don't get it.

Ok...one more thing..this time I mean it...lol What's the general consensus with people on this listserve on Deadlands D20, how does it rank against the original system?

Thanks

Shotgun Harry