Re: [DL] martial arts question

Hey There,

> One of them is a Martial Artist and the best thing I can come up with is to allow him the Monk class out of Player's handbook. What do ya'll think?

If you have access to the Oriental Adventures D20 Book there is a remake of the basic monk which allows for more versatility in the character type including trading set feats with others to make a less carbon copied character.

> Oh and one other thing, can someone explain to me the difference between the marksman feat and the special ability given to the Rifleman prestige class. You need the Marksman feat to get the coup de gras ability but the coup de gras ability seems weaker that the feat...I don't get it.
The coup de gras is in my opinion relatively useless as in a hit point based system you generally kill mooks and such outright anyway. One of those rules we don't see much use of.

> Ok...one more thing..this time I mean it...lol What's the general consensus with people on this listserve on Deadlands D20, how does it rank against the original system?

>This is a subject with massive flame-bait potential!

>Anyway, I play classic because:
>>b) I've noticed that many gamers feel that when playing a D20 game,
they're playing D&D. This shouldn't be true, but i've seen star wars
games get bogged dwn into standard-style D&D thrashing and
smack-talking...
c) I used to run my game in-store, and the classic Deadlands mechanics
make for great attractors... The cards and chips flying around get
people to look.
I couldn't agree more with you save that I guess I am blessed with role players in our group that play their characters more than playing their stats. So our party has not experienced the problem of B.

I do think that anytime you try to create a non level based game into a level restricted system. You will generally not get the same feel that the original had to offer.

> Anyway, play what works for you, and help keep food on PEG Inc's table...
You are correct in that statement. It's all about having a good time and even if its apples and oranges the important thing to remember is that its still fruit.
So everyone just enjoy and roll the dice.

Sean