Re: [DL] Orlando Game Shops [OT]

what happened to enterprise 1701? i know it's moved a couple times.

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Blackberg
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 8:02 AM
Subject: Re: [DL] Orlando Game Shops [OT]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reemull" <reemull@yahoo.co.uk>
> Ok - the reason I'm away for the week is that I'm dropping in for
a fly
> by visit to Orlando.  I only have a few days to take in the sights
and
> shops - but I was wondering if anyone could point out decent
>
> 1) RPG/miniature shops
> 2) 2nd hand book stores
> 3) any interesting places where I could pick up some nice bits and
bobs
> for my game (cards, badges etc)
>
> in either the Orlando area or near St Pete's Beach?

I live in Orlando, and can answer question #1. The premier game
store in Orlando is called Sci-Fi City. It's located on Colonial
Drive (aka Highway 50, a main road that runs East/West though all of
Orlando) just East of the intersection with 436 (a main road that
starts at the Orlando International Airport and runs North then
curves West through the city).  If you drive North from the airport
on 436 for about 6 miles you'll come to the intersection with
Colonial Drive (50). Turn right at the intersection and Sci-Fi City
is about a block further down the road on your right side in a
shopping plaza that has a Home Depot.

In regard to #2, I know that we have used book stores, but I can't
recommend any since I don't frequent them. The folks at Sci-Fi might
be able to help.

In regard to #3, you can find western style shops around the
outskirts of the city. We used to be a cow town (especially South
towards Kissimmee), believe it or not, and you can still find some
country areas if you drive out far enough.

When you arrive, your best bets for #2 and 3 are to grab a phone
book and try to find some places close to where you're staying.

HTH,
Robert