[DL] last words

best I ever got was when the posse got ambushed, and the ambusher got away,
though dropping a note that contained his name (Uriah)

the players say "well, we have the rest of the day before we have to catch a
trian, let's see if we can track this guy down"

me:"ok, roll streetwise"
posse:"well, I guesss we can all pretend to have streetwise..."

a few clatterings later

posse member:"well, I rolled 39 on my d8.   -4 for not having the skill gives
me a 35"
me:"umm... well...   ok, despite him being the head of the underground in
this city, knowing all the places to hide, having bought off most of the law,
and having him know that you guys are probably coming after him, so he is
being especially careful to leave no traces.....   you guys catch him coming
out of the john on a hot tip."

<set up some miniatures>

posse member who made the roll:"Hey Uriah! Word on the street is you're dead!"

(also amusing is that the law dog in the posse wanted him alive or
questioning, everyone else just thought they were going to kill him.   a few
rolls later he has 3 cards to everyone elses 1 and still goes last.   they
all shoot to kill, and a flush soul blast does him in after a couple shotgun
barrels don't finish the job.   then the law dog gets to say "you're under
arrest, don't move or I'll be forced to shoot")

too many good one-liners that aren't funny without context coming out of my
group