RE: [DL] Test of Wills - Fate Chips

This is how I play it too.  You have to be in danger of bodily harm for
fate to look kindly on the guy with the big brass, um, ego! to stare
down an opponent rather than going directly to violence.  Overawing the
shop keeper while you are buying camping supplies won't earn you a chip,
just an NPC who looks on you with awe.  And ridiculing the waitress
while you have lunch won't earn you a chip, just convince the waitress
that you're a jerk.

If your posse insists on over doing it, then just start rolling a
handfull of dice, grab half of 'em and re-roll, grab two more and roll
those, and then declare "I got 37."  Everytime, 37.  Then take a chip.
Maybe the posse will get tired of you getting chips!

OK, maybe that's a bit much, but I haven't had my breakfast yet, I'm
cranky without my breakfast ;-)

Jeff Y.