Re: [DL] Test of Wills - Fate Chips

> Well, my players doubted that because it's so easy. They asked me: "What
> stops me from overawing any single person I see until I have 10 blue
chips?!"
> My answer being "Mostly the fact that we all want to have fun and you sure
> don't want to be the jerk who ruins the story by terrorising innocent
> townsfolk" seemed to work good enough - but they're to used to the "no
good
> thing comes without a price"-thing, so they doubt everything and
everybody.

Well, I think this has come up before, and I think the consensus was
something along the lines of it has to be "genuine". You can't get Fate
Chips by just Overawing a little old lady because you're down a few Chips
and you anticipate a battle. Essentially, you need an opponent, not a
target. At least, this is how I remember it.

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times