Re: [DL] Miracles and Hexes (Quite Long)

> Does anyone have any original Miracles or Hexes that they have designed
that
> they would like to share?
(You do realise that you are going to get large amount of replies to this
one)
Hexes are in general more fun to create than miracles in my opinion (But
that's probably irrelevant). Anyway:

"Eldritch Blade
Trait: Spirit
Hand: Ace
Speed: 1
Duration: 2 rounds/hex level
Range: Self
Sometimes a Huckster just dosen't have a butter knife handy when he needs
one. Of course this Hex doesn't
create a butter knife but it does create something much better. This hex is
used when a hexslinger wants to
cut a serious piece of chaw. It creates a magical sword. The blade created
by this hex looks to have frozen
lightning running through it and from time to time the blade glows and
flashes with barely contained energy
(Hey, it ain't called Eldritch Blade for nothing!). The blade created by
this hex uses the fightin' sword
aptitude and has a DB of +2. The damage done from a successful attack is
determined by the hand drawn:
Ace                                     Str + 2D4
Pair                                      Str + 2D6
Jacks                                   Str + 2D8
Two Pair                             Str + 2D8 AP 1
Three of a Kind                 Str + 2D10 AP 2
Straight                               Str + 2D12 AP 3

The Huckster can also throw the Eldritch Blade if need be. This uses the
Huckster's Thrown' Balanced
aptitude and the Blade has a range increment of 10. If it hits the target it
releases it's magical energies into
the target, putting a whole world of hurt on 'em. A thrown blade does an
amount of damage equal to its
normal damage (The table above pardner) and additionally does D10 damage
plus an additionally D10
damage for each hand the Blade is above Ace.
ie. A blade created from a Two Pair would do Str + 2D8 AP 1 plus 4D10 damage
when thrown at someone.
When an Eldritch Blade is thrown, the Hex ends after the damage is worked
out, regardless of whether the
Blade hit or not. Don't throw it unless you need to.
One last thing; an Eldritch Blade does supernatural damage so it can damage
abominations immune to
normal weapons and can inflict wind loss on a Harrowed. Hot Butter!!"

This is another hex I'm developing. Feel free to post opinions

"The Dealer's Good Book
Trait: Smarts
Hand: Jacks
Speed: 2
Duration: 1 week
Range: Self
This nifty little hex allows a huckster to create a "pact" of sorts between
himself and a Manitou, which is forced to help him when he so asks.
When a huckster casts this hex they draw their hand of cards as usual (with
additional cards for raises). The huckster then picks one of those cards
plus another for each size his hand is over a pair o' Jacks. The huckster
then records these cards. These cards form a "bank" representing the aid of
the manitou. When the huckster casts further hexes, he can substitute one
the cards in his hand for a banked card. Cross that card from the list of
cards in your "bank". Jokers cannot be put in your "bank" by the way.
Because a Manitou hates being enslaved this way if you suffer Backlash while
casting this speel or while you are still affected by it you roll on the
backlash table twice. Ouch. Oh yeah, you cannot have more than one The
Dealer's Good Books cast on you at a time."
So, what do you think.
Actually I prefer developing Arcane Backgrounds. I'm working on three at the
moment; the Runemaster (or Runestone Cowboy), the Western Kenjetsu Initiate
(a little like a Martial Artist that is one with a sword instead of fists,
but only a little!) and the Deep Storm (think a tempest who can cast
different spells but who dosen't know what spell it'll be each time)
Anyway thanks for listening to me this long if you're still here!
Alex