[DL] New Hexslinger/Shootist hexes

>While we're on the subject of Hucksters & Hexes, I've got a question about
>one of the Hindrances detailed in that book: the obvious hindrance is
listed
>as being worth between -1 & -5 points, but in the text description, it
>doesn't say what each point of the hindrance signifies. A penalty to
sleight
>o' hand rolls? A bonus for onlooker Cognition checks? Confusion abounds!

That sounds like a good idea.

While we're on the notion of new hexes & whatnot, (by the way, I liked the
ones already submitted) here's a few my Hexslinger (Now Shootist) came up
with.  By the way, I did these before Chris McGlothlin's Lone Stars came
out....

Come Here!

Trait: Spirit
Hand: Pair
Speed: 1
Duration: Instant
Range: special

Invented by a 'slinger who wanted to increase his quickdraw, Come Here! has
turned out to be more useful than grabbing a gun.  For quickdraw, acts as
+6, but no physical QD bonuses apply (ie: magnetic gloves, quickdraw
holster) Magical bonuses (skinnin') do.  Object instantly appears in hand, &
must either be specially marked by 'slinger, or seen.  Makes a great way to
snag the keys to a jail cell by the way.  Hand determines distance an object
can be transported.

Pair: 3 feet
Jacks: 2 yds
2 Pair: 5 yds
ThreeKind: 10 yds
Straight: 20 yds
Flush: 50 yds
Full House: 100 yds
4Kind: 200 yds
Straight flush: 500yds
Royal Flush: 1 mile

Dum-Dums
Trait: Knowledge
Hand: Pair
Speed: 1
Duration: 1rnd/ huckster level or 1 Wind/rnd
Range: touch

Created by a 'slinger who had his gun blow up with the Rapid Fire hex, this
hex duplicates bullets during flight. Minimum distance is 1 yard (bullets
need time to duplicate), so no massive point blank damage from this hex.
Only affects REAL bullets (Ammo Whammy/Fist Full of Slugs aren't affected)
+1 bullet for every other hand.  (ie: one extra bullet with a Pair, two for
2Pair, 3 for Straight...)  Shots are treated as if fanned or auto-- an
additional bullet hits with each raise.

The Impossible Shot
Trait: Spirit
Hand: Ace
Speed: 1 minute
Duration: one shot
Range: self

Invented by a trick shooter 'slinger, this hex makes the most difficult shot
possible.  First, the 'slinger must make a called shot, one that is by all
means just about impossible to make.  Second, there must be a Fate's chance
of the shot hitting the desired target; no calling, "From three hundred
miles, I fire a rifle shot in the air & hit President Grant in the head"
Once declared, the 'slinger takes a minute to allow the manitou to pinpoint
the precise angling of a shot (ie: bouncing off frying pans, steel plating,
etc) & makes the shot.  This shot is done by pure Shootin' whatever skill
alone; there are no bonuses or penalties figured for this shot.  An example
would be a 'slinger calling a shot to ricochet off a steam wagon's boiler,
pass through a length of pipe, bounce off the elbow in the pipe, & hit the
Jack of Spades square in the eye that has been pinned to a door, all while
shooting over the shoulder, blindfolded.  The Hand drawn indicates the
Target Number needed to hit.

Ace: 25
Pair: 23
Jacks: 21
2Pair: 19
3Kind: 17
Straight: 15
Flush: 13
FullHouse: 11
4Kind: 9
StraightFlush: 7
Royal Flush: 5

And finally:

Ghost Bullets (which I guess needs to be changed to Soul Bullets)

basically, a 'slinger's Soul Burst that is shot from a gun.  Does only Wind
damage, 'slinger uses his Shootin' skill isntead of Throwin' skill. Follows
the exact same stats as Soul Burst with the exception that the 'slinger
creates one bullet per 'slinger level.  'Slinger MUST empty gun of all
bullets or it won't work.

Jeff S