Re: [DL] new Edge (thoughts?)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Downs" <knick_nevin@yahoo.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 10:00 PM
Subject: [DL] new Edge (thoughts?)

> Arcane Background: Harrowed (3)
> Your character died. However he has been lucky, or
> unlucky, enough to have risen up from the dirtnap
> which he recently entered. Your character must be a
> Veteran of the Weird West to take this Edge. Ask your
> Marshal for all the details of being Harrowed, and
> write your worst nightmare down, you're gonna need it.
> Spoiler space below, for Marshal's only.

I like the idea but find it to be a little too powerful, you basically
get 12 points to become harrowed (which is very difficult
to become otherwise), albeit with the extra veteran disadvatanges.
I would probably throw in that you have to pick a few of those
nasty harrowed hindrances to become harrowed this way, or
raise the cost a bit (say 8 points) so that the player don't get a lot
of freebie points, yet another alternative is require them to take the
veteran edge without giving them any points for it...

I have nothing to add to the marshalls only section of the post,
I like it the way it is.

/Johnny