Re: [DL] new Edge (thoughts?)

--- Patrick Downs <knick_nevin@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Arcane Background: Harrowed (3)

I like the ruls the way they are, after all I think
it's balanced between bennys and problems.

On a side note, recently I got to play with a harrowed
PC, and I thought of some ideas for edges/hinderances.

Full Recall (3pt):  Instead of blacking out, you
remember everything that happens while your manitou is
in control.  Also, if given a chance to regain
control, this edge gives you a bonus to the roll
(forget the rules right now ... either +2 or add
you're domain or something).

Lucid Recall (-3pt):  Instead of blacking out, your
memory of what happens when the manitou is in control
is whatever the manitou wants it to be.  This makes it
extremely difficult for you to detect when the manitou
is in control, and allows you to collaborate his
story.

Specific incident:  Ran Independence day.  Two party
members were sitting in 'the room' when the bag of
body parts attacked.  I chose that moment for the
manitou to control the harrowed (gave the player a
note saying, "You're evil now, do what you want").  He
chose to not fight back and just watch.  The ranger in
the group tried to shove him out of the room away from
the gloms, at which point he started to punch the
ranger.  The ranger fled to get help.  When he
returned he found the harrowed sitting there in a
normal looking room, confused as to what happened.  If
the harrowed had something similar to Lucid Recall, he
would have the memories of the ranger wigging
out/hallucinating, which is the way things appeared,
instead of having a blackout and not knowing what went
on.

-MW