Re: [DL] Former Wrestler PC?

IIRC a fair amount of "early" pro wrestlers were in
fact bare-knuckle boxers to a large extent. You may
want to throw some points into boxing skills. As far
as perfoming and such. Most of these guys weren't
showman until after the turn of the century. I would
say a high intimidation would be your best bet. Now,
that's going for a more realistic idea. Back in its
beginnings, pro wrestling was much more legit than the
sports entertainment that is today.

That's my two cents on it. The Confederate Badass
himself (i.e. Mr. McGlothlin) will probably have a
much more learn-ed answer for you. ;) I defer to him
on all matters of wrestling history.

Fred J.

--- "Stryfe Mac.com" <saintstryfe@mac.com> wrote:
> Heya1ll,
>
> Here1s a Q: Mr. McGlothlin might like it. :-)
>
> I want to gen a character who is a former early
> pro-wrestler (earliest
> pro-wrestlers can be found just after the real-world
> Civil War, people
> learning from other soldiers, so this can bite in
> the DL Universe) who
> wishes to join the Texas Rangers.
>
> Now, my Q: Here do I drop his skill in wrestling? In
> Performn1:Wrestlin1, or
> Professional:Wrestlin1, Trade:Wrestlin1 or
> Fightin1:Wrestlin1?  What other
> skills might a wrestler need? Tale Tellin1? Dodge?
> An Exceptionaly high
> Guts? Medicine (to deal with injuries)? Overawe?
> Ridicule?
>
> Would like some opinions. Thanks in Advance.
>
> -Stryfe
>
> --
>          ___
>         /  *| Plattsburgh, NY - College