Re: [DL] Former Wrestler PC?

on 7/1/02 3:53 PM, Fred Jandt at fajandt@yahoo.com wrote:

> IIRC a fair amount of "early" pro wrestlers were in
> fact bare-knuckle boxers to a large extent. You may
> want to throw some points into boxing skills. As far
> as perfoming and such. Most of these guys weren't
> showman until after the turn of the century. I would
> say a high intimidation would be your best bet. Now,
> that's going for a more realistic idea. Back in its
> beginnings, pro wrestling was much more legit than the
> sports entertainment that is today.

I have to agree with that. I'd say a high Fightin: Wrasslin would be the
key. Most of those guys were hookers who just slapped you in holds and hurt
you. Even turn of the century wrestlers were that way. If you aren't
familiar with names like Hakenshmidt or Strangler Lois, think of modern guys
like Benoit, Regal, or Ken Shamrock. The best example, Stu Hart. If you have
seen him train guys then you know what I mean.

Spoiler Space....

Why doesn't The Ghost have Fightin Wrasslin. Lincoln is in the wrestling
hall of fame.

Talison

--

"You guys fight like grown men in tights."

Harley Quinn