Re: [DL] Former Wrestler PC?

I don't have this on absolute knowledge but my educated guess would be
that "professional wrestling" probably started as a side show attraction
to circuses.  I know in the early 20th century at least, carnival or
circus promoters would hire toughs to travel with them and then offer a
sum of money for anyone who could pin the "champion" within two minutes.
 This tradition was still going on as of a decade or so ago as anyone
who saw this last weekend's WWE Confidential will remember.  That's how
William Regal got his wrestling start.  If you were to make one of these
wrestlers, I'd think he'd have to be really tough legitimately, possibly
with some martial arts throws since usually all the champ had to do in
these scenarios is throw the local out of the ring to win.

As a side question to Mr. McGlothlin or anyone who knows, I read
somewhere that Abe Lincoln was a pro wrestler for a bit in his younger
days.  Is this another "George Washington Cherry Tree" type of legend or
is it true?

--
Society in every state is a blessing, but Government,
even in its best state, is but a necessary evil;