Re: [DL] Former Wrestler PC?

At 07:57 PM 7/1/2002, cgriffy@vallnet.com wrote:
>As a side question to Mr. McGlothlin or anyone who knows, I read somewhere
>that Abe Lincoln was a pro wrestler for a bit in his younger days.  Is
>this another "George Washington Cherry Tree" type of legend or is it true?

         Nobody at that time was making a living wrestling in the way we
think of it today, but back then just about every man who could engaged in
it just for sport, Lincoln included. Since Lincoln was a physically awesome
specimen in an age where almost everyone lived by the sweat of their brow,
he was rather famously good at it.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance RPG Writer At-Large
Member, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"
--Charlie Meadows (John Goodman), _Barton Fink_