RE: [DL] a question for the history buffs

May possibly be another name for fairy lamps, which were the period version
of the nightlight.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net]On
Behalf Of Jeff Shoffner
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 9:54 PM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: [DL] a question for the history buffs

I was reading a pseudo-history set fiction book when I came across something
that I don't know what it is, but might be something "useful" to DL.  What
is a spirit lamp?  This is taken in context in a turn of the century (1909)
English hospital if that helps.  Just think of the cool "things" that come
to mind when "spirit lamp" and MS comes together....

Jeff S