From: <captrose@magicaldesk.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 12:50 AM
Subject: [DL] new background and names

> Greetings all,
>
>   As for the gentleman who came up with the Kenjitie (sp.?) background, I
would be more than happy to recieve any info you have on it.  Please send
away.  That applies to anyone else that has new backgrounds or npcs of
famous characters (fiction or real).
>   To continue on that same note, if anyone has ever added or thought about
adding John Wayne into Deadlands, how about tossing your results/thoughts
out?  I've got one that I will share in a bit, but wanted to see how others
had do it.
>   Lastly, how do you choose the names of your characters or npc's?
Usually I come up with an original character's name if I make up an original
character.  Watching "Bandolero" for the third time on AMC, I went to
IMDB.com and copied the character list to use for name fodder.  While not a
DL move per se, I couldn't pass up using the Hangman's name, Ossie Grimes.
I just liked that name.