Re: [DL] new background and names

*snip*
>   Lastly, how do you choose the names of your characters or npc's?
*snip*
Whenever I create a character or NPC I always look for a name that actually
sums up the character's personality. For example a Deadlands character I use
is called Michael Santana. He's an Agent, he's black, he's big and he uses
shotguns (An Agency Shotgun in particular). I might be the only one but I
think that name sums him up well. Another example is a character I use in
Hell on Earth, he is a Shootist who is a little bit like Doc Holliday. He's
called Martyn Thorne which also sums him up well. I tend to just throw first
and last names together until they fit or sound right. If I can't find a
good combination I tend to actually dump the character because it means I
can't explain the character well enough to myself so how will I explain it
to others? But hey, that's how I do it. I suspect there are as many naming
techniques as there are players (Although one player in my group hasn't
named either of his characters yet- Helon Earth or Weird West. Anyone else
get people like that?)
However there is a good name list at
http://www.darious.com/deadlands/article/namegen.html

Alex