Re: [DL] How Jokers Work

>One of us feels that if the Marshal draws a black joker, then the bad guys lose it and their highest other card, exactly how it works for the players. The other person feels that the part of the rules that talks about losing cards only applies to the players, not the Marshal, and so if the Marshal draws a black joker, he gets to use it as a sleeved card.

Luckily, I JUST finished reading these rules over again (combat is the ONLY problem I had with the system - had to write up a checklist and everything...)  The text specifically states that Black Jokers on the Marshal's side do NOT allow the players to get a chip (with the epitaph that "life ain't fair").  From that, I read an implied, "... but the card works the same every other way".  Ergo, for the Marshal, Red Jokers give anytime actions, and Black Jokers just prompt a discard and a reshuffle.  Basically, they work just like they do for players, except ignore all text to chips.

Just my opinion.

- Eddy