[DL] What do you do with a human-flesh-eating PC?

There's some spoiler space here, bacause this is a question to other
marshals and includes, well, spoiler stuff!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
OK, that's enough space.  Now, on to the good stuff.  I've just gotten my
turn back to sit behind the screen, and to get our Deadlands feet wet again,
I pulled Guess Who's Coming to Donner out of a folder.  It's the quick
little adventure in the Epitaph.  Once the posse is good and stuck in the
pass, they start having to make Spirit checks, or lose control of their
appetites and start eating.  It's just a 5, so all but one of my players
(seven of 'em!  very crowded game table!) have made it and continue to make
it.  And somehow, the player that missed it is also the only one to make the
Smarts check to figger out what the cravings are really for -- human flesh.
He promptly sneaks off (sneaking better than the rest of the posse can get
on cognition rolls!) and kills an NPC for some snacking.  And uses a sword
to keep it quiet.

Well, that's just bad.  Either he becomes a wendigo and an NPC, or a Lost
Angel and an NPC, or I get some amazing idea of how he can redeem himself,
with a clue as to how he would learn the redemption process.  The character
has like d4s in Smarts and d6 in Spirit, so the redemption option is bloody
unlikely (pardon the pun).  Becoming a Lost Angel doesn't sound like fun, so
it's on to wendigo-hood.  Any of you other marshals ever get to turn a PC
into a wendigo?  Did you use the corruption point rules from RVC?  If anyone
has anything specific they used, and are willing to share, I'd really
appreciate it.  I like marshalling, but right now I'm up to my neck in Real
Life (dangblast it!) and am stuck doing off-the-shelf adventures until I can
beat my paying job into submission.  So I lack time to do up a
wendigo-becoming process right.

Thanks for any of your evil-torment-the-players input!

Jeff Y.
Marshal for the Dynamite Gang

PS:  If anyone was wondering, I highly recommend this Donner yarn.  One of
the players is totally convinced the Donners will get his characters.  If he
only knew what the end of the story holds...  (then add-in the
soon-to-be-wendigo!!  Man, and the other player's already think the
new-cannibal is harrowed!)