RE: [DL] Freeing the Slaves

At 06:55 PM 7/31/2002, Herr Markus Finster wrote:
>Told you - a much better answer than any I could have given.
>Thank you Chris, I didn't know that either.

         You're most welcome, good sir. What passes for modern historical
scholarship is not prone to mention this fact.

>But I guess, over here in Europe you hear only the big chapters of the
>Civil War.

         I'm rather amazed that the Late Unpleasantness gets much of a
mention at all, given all that was happening in Europe at the time.
         Though Lord knows, I would've been nice to add a greater European
element to The War.;-)

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Educator & Freelance RPG Writer
Member, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"
--Charlie Meadows (John Goodman), _Barton Fink_