RE: [DL] Freeing the Slaves

Er - in real life the Souith lost the war.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mr. Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed. [mailto:sosentinel@adelphia.net]
Sent: Thursday, 1 August 2002 10:46 a.m.
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: RE: [DL] Freeing the Slaves

At 06:34 PM 7/31/2002, Mr. Mark Chiddicks wrote:
>Absolutely - I have no problem with suspension of disbelief when the laws
>of physics or biology are messed with, but I expect human psychology to
>follow certain rules!
>
>i.e. I expect the Southern politicians to continue to behave like Southern
>politicians. If I wrote an adventure which depicted Bill Hickock leading a
>flower arranging class, people would laugh - if I depicted him as a
>werewolf, people would approve - there's some stuff you can do in fantasy
>that works and some stuff you can't.

         As far as manumission goes, Southern politicians in Deadlands
behave EXACTLY like they did in real life...I simply moved their real-life
actions back in time 5 months.
         The South offered freedom to its slaves in Deadlands the same way
it happened in real life, only a bit sooner. If five months strains
credibilty, then all I can say is I respectfully disagree.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Educator & Freelance RPG Writer
Member, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"
--Charlie Meadows (John Goodman), _Barton Fink_