Re: [DL] Two Questions

On Thursday, August 1, 2002, at 01:43  PM, Eddy Webb wrote:

>> I always pull'em out of the pot. THere are a few instances where
>> another source is used, but these are pretty clearly explained.
> D'oh!  That would explain a few things...

It's all about learning... I slowly but surely am learning some bits of
the combat system. It's problematic having so many players...

>> Be careful on how many chips you give out... it can make the heroes
>> nearly invulnerable.
> Just following the guidelines in the example adventure in the back of
> the book with seven players, I found out that I gave out about 25 chips
> total for the session...

That's a healthy chunk, but if they're burning them pretty quickly...
I've given out more, but I find it balances out well between talking
sessions without much combat where the players can earn more for good
roleplaying and brutal fight sequences.

Also, I'm not above just giving out some whites as bonuses. For example,
my game recently restarted. I offered a prize for whoever took on the
duty of  summarizing things... Because the winner had so many chips
already, I had her decide who got the white chip as a prize.

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)