RE: [DL] Freeing the Slaves

At 05:30 PM 8/1/2002, Mr. Marck Chiddicks wrote:
>I have read considerably more than one book - however I do of course
>concede that those who know more than I do are better placed to comment.
>What however I do not, and indeed cannot know is who here is speaking from
>a position of years of study and who is not. If, as appears to be the
>case, you position is supported by a great deal of study then of course I
>concede the point - but do you expect me to know this through some kind of
>psychic osmosis?
>
>Also, a common thing I have noticed on the net is that American and
>British posters have different styles of communication that often get
>misconstrued as abrasiveness (in the case of the British) or smugness (in
>the case of the Americans) but are in fact neither. There is no tone of
>voice or body language in this forum, and therefore its impossible to
>really gauge personality. I'm not the person you seem to think I am.

Gentlemen,
         With The War being over, and our debate unlikely to change the
outcome, perhaps now is a good time to bring this topic to a close before
things get ugly.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Educator & Freelance RPG Writer
Member, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"
--Charlie Meadows (John Goodman), _Barton Fink_