Re: [DL] Harrowed Hindrances

> How do characters who become Harrowed the traditional way (through
> gameplay) gain the arrowed-specific Hindrances?
> Do they gain any of these when they return from the grave? Or
> can players
> decide to take them so that they get in exchange some
> Harrowed powers to
> start with?
>
> Or are they only "earned" through roleplaying? Or should the
> marshal assign
> some hindrances to a character as he sees fit?
>
> Markus

When I first got the Book of the Dead I wondered about these hindrances
as well.  It seemed as if they'd hardly ever be used.

What I ended up doing was to allow a newly harrowed character to chose
X points of harrowed hindrances, with the points gained being spent on
a maximum of Y harrowed powers.

I set X depending on how powerful the character is (existing AB's etc)
and set Y by how many starter powers I think they should have (so they
don't go buying lots at level 1 to avoid the initial point cost of
harrowed powers).  The usual prerequisites when picking harrowed powers
applied when they were spending their points.

I've used this three times so far and has worked reasonably well in my
group.

Cheers

Roy