[DL] Prices

Hmm, I just checked with Borders online and found someone
selling the book brand new for US$15.52 and $12.99
international shipping.

And wouldn't the exchange rate be based on the value of the
money?  So, NZ$45 is pretty much the same as US$20.

 - Well thats not bad, actually - definitely a better price that I've seen, though that shipping cost still hurts!. As for your second point - oh were that true! Unfortunately in terms of mean incomes, it isn't. $45 NZ is more like $45 US in terms of the % of weekly disposable income for someone with a middle income - you guys get paid more and have far cheaper food, fuel & utilities, we have a bit more of a social safety net if it all goes wrong.