Re: AW: Re: [DL] Newly Harrowed makes his first experiences

> > I've found this as well.  The whole "X stages of harrowed"
> page out of
> > the Book of the Dead is completely wrong for my players.
> They seem to
> > skip straight to the "Woo Hoo, cool funky powers" stage and
> ignore the
> > fact that they are now demon powered!  I do sometimes expect that
if
> > they somehow got "cured" of being harrowed they'd be upset about
it.

> You're right. But after all, the players aren't method actors
> - they just want to have some fun. But I found those "stages"
> to be very helpful when creating NPC-Harrowed.
>
> Markus

Sometimes though I'd like a little bit of shock from the players that
they are undead.  My first harrowed was a gunslinger who effectively
then took extreme chances and died (guts wounds) with incredible
regularity (always in full view of the posse).  The second was a
huckster who didn't believe in harrowed unlife and who would rather
think that that the gunslinger above has discovered eternal life rather
than consider the alternatives.  The one that I think is going to be
the best fun is the Buddhist who killed someone and who was then killed
in turn; as a result he thinks he's been booted from the wheel of life
and has to somehow make amends.  He's missing a chunk of skull and his
eyes glow and unholy red, which'll make his task all the more fun.

Roy