Re: [DL] Newly Harrowed makes his first experiences

My character Jacob Myst was cured of his "living impairment" much to my (and the rest of the parties) amusement.  He had been keeping his condition secret from the group as when he first started to expect things the party had this habit of brain panning every corpse they come by on principle.

Not knowing for sure what to do he just went along with it.  The only problem with this was that he had this mental problem that he thought he was god (in reality he was just one hell of a huckster that without him the party would be at a sever handicap without).  So this whole coming back from the dead thing just made it worse and by the time the party figured out what was going on it was to late and he tapped into the little guy in the back to make himself stronger than ever.  As it was Jacob could have taken any member of the party and if they rushed him it was a given that SOMEONE else in the party would die to.  By this time he could take on the whole party on by himself and perhaps only 1 person would walk away from the crater afterwards.  His only saving grace was the fact that he pimp slapped the manatue down with his 4D12+4 spirit and had ALL dominion.

Although the idea of Jacob being harrowed was bad enough they put up with him, as he was more than useful not to mention out of character it did add an interesting element to the table.  Well after someone had a botched attempt at handling a crate full of 30 oz of nitro Jacob (thank god not at ground zero) took some head wounds and the one character (the bishop) that everyone was keeping the secret from as he would attack without question anything dead found me first.  But rather than kicking off a fight he used a divine intervention and made one hell of a Faith roll to bring me back.  Not only did he heal all my wounds but also made him alive again.  Jacob was happy that he could once again enjoy the "pleasures of the flesh", the party relieved that there was no chance that Jacob would be popping someone’s head spiritually, and the bishop had a new friend.

After all.... being brought back from the dead by god himself may have cured Jacob of thinking he was god, but that did not curb his ego for thinking that god NEEDS him around and that he is looking out for him.  To top it off Jacob converted over to Mormonism picked up one level of faith and tried the bishops patience for many more months as he tried to "fully convert" the personality that is Jacob Myst

Carl

 Reemull wrote:

> From: markus

> Oh, and Flaming Wolf is quite comfortable with his new found
> powers for now. Well, he'll see.

I've found this as well. The whole "X stages of harrowed" page out of
the Book of the Dead is completely wrong for my players. They seem to
skip straight to the "Woo Hoo, cool funky powers" stage and ignore the
fact that they are now demon powered! I do sometimes expect that if
they somehow got "cured" of being harrowed they'd be upset about it.

Cheers

Roy