[DL] Heart O'Darkness <spoilers>

This contains spoilers for the Fortress O'Fear trilogy of adventures,
especially the second part of the trilogy.

I've been running my posse through the heart of darkness, they've
almost completed the second part of the trilogy and I don't think
they'll be going any further.  I had intended to do some rejigging of
the third and final part to make it fit my game, however I've found
that with the second part the posse are pretty much sick of chasing an
item of unknown power for money that they don't expect to receive.

One player remarked that the whole trip to the Rock was a complete
waste of time.  He thought that being slapped about the face with
Grimmes evil wasted the atmosphere of the game that had existed up
until that point.  He also mentioned that moving the adventure to "the
Rock" seemed as if the writer had a cool location and felt he had to
use it, rather than actually having a reason for leading the group to
the Rock.

I kind of felt hard pushed to argue against him as the whole trip to
the Rock puts the characters through lots of pain for minimal gain.
Has anyone else thought this?

I've ended up deciding to scrap the third part of the trilogy and to
write my own shorter finale.  I was never particularly fond of the
whole time travel issue - so I guess I get to avoid it now.

Cheers

Roy