Re: [DL] New velocipedes (Shane, you might find this funny) (longish)

--- Jeff Shoffner <shoffner@esper.com> wrote:
> Started a new character that rides a velocipede.
> Wanted something different, & well, here's what
> happens when you have time to kill.  At the
> very least, I hope some of you find it amusing;
> hopefully some of you will find it useful.
> Jeff S

Jeff, thank you -so- much for posting this!  In my
slice o' DeadLands, my character Syd invented the S&R
velocipede and has been tossing around ideas for a
more rugged off-road model, specifically to carry some
of the larger augmented.  I'm going to puruse your
notes in detail!

Couple of quick questions though:  it looks like the
major improvement in the designs, besides the range of
vehicles, is the Turn Number is reduced to 3.  For the
"Big Dawg" the TN goes up to 5, but frankly given it's
frame I imagine something like 7 would be more
appropriate.  I'm also surprised it doesn't have a
higher Fuel rate, given that it's carrying 2.5 to 3
times the cargo of a standard design.

Second, on the "Bull Dawg", I like the +1 versus the
terrain modifier.  Is it capable of speeds comparable
to the other designs on flat terrain, like with
speeding up rolls, or is the entire engine array
geared soley for shock absorbtion and gradients?

Finally, for the "Dawg Roll", this specifically breaks
the "can't turn more than 90 degrees in an action"
roll, yes?  Just clarifying.

*sigh*  I used to be a gun bunny, now I'm a road hog.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney
Mallory