[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20020905-1

In a message dated 9/5/02 11:39:31 PM, owner-deadlands@gamerz.net writes:

<< Question: When armor takes damage during combat, how much is inflicted on
the armor for durability and reliabiliy purposes? I have both S&R and
Coligium and seem to be over looking the rule. I understand how gizmos take
damage from weapons, but what about armor? Does one roll regular damage dice
seperatly? Or modified damage? Divide the damage done by a certain number?
Thanks in advance.

they never really addressed this until hell on earth, where they state (and I
could be wrong because I'm doing this from memory) that every wound taken by
the wearer reduces the armor in that area by one point per wound level.
that seems a bit harsh, personally I would recommend working it like cyborg
systems, when wounded, roll one d6.   if the roll is equal to or lower than
the number of wounds caused by the attack, the armor is damaged and loses one
point of AV.

but combat already takes too long, so what I do is this.

you're armor will never need repair while you are alive, but when you die,
your armor will give up the ghost with you (if you were killed while wearing
armor, obviously the armor wasnm't doing it's job properly enough)

this way we don't have to worry too muchabout armor degredation during
combat,  but at the same time the posse isn't able to loot every black hat
they see for a kevlar vest and trade them all in for a new pickup truck.