Re: [DL] Re: [HOE] was: problem with toxic tunes cd & lost colony [SHANE]

On Friday, September 6, 2002, at 12:45  PM, PEGShane@aol.com wrote:
> Hey Brett,
>
> Sounds like you're a pretty unlucky guy! But a misprint is a misprint,
> and we'll happily replace it. Just send me your address and what we're
> replacing again (I'll forget) to PEGShane@aol.com.
>
> Take care!
> Shane

I've worked in printing, and while I wouldn't be happy about this
shipping for a project I was working on, it's such a minor cosmetic
problem it's not worth replacing since it only effects the page border
in the corner of one page, not even obscuring the page number... If this
was, say, one of the leather-bound collector's editions, I'd definitely
complain, but as is it's not worth the time. It in no way reduces the
usability of the book... I'm more annoyed by a few books I own that have
the bulky security magnets in them.

I do attract problem books for some reason, though. My copy of Chaosum's
Complete Dreamlands has an extra signature and the number oddly printed
paperbacks I've owned is truly ridiculous...

Thank you for the offer, though. I'll accept it this time so as not to
add that tiny percentage to everyone's costs in the future...
--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)