[DL] Future of Western Gaming

I know that many of you roleplayers are also anime fans--goes together like
peanut butter and chocolate, or something like that.  So I doubt I'm alone
in noticing the trend modern animes have been taking.  Three of the more
popular new animes--Trigun, Outlaw Star, and Cowboy Bebop, all have a common
linking thread.  That is, the lawlessness and an escape for the wandering
spirit that holds a particular uniqueness in reality with the American wild
west.  More and more, popular images are those of unbound souls, vigilante
justice, and gunglingers' pride.  I've been reading many reports that the
newer animes are beginning to focus on this element, as opposed to the huge
mecha or fantasy storylines we're familiar with.  Not that that's a bad
thing.  Yoshiro Nightow's series Trigun is one of the finest yet, and I
could only wish it would be extended.  Anyways, it's sort of obvious that
this has everything to do with Deadlands.  The weird, wasted, and way out
wests are all variations on the popular themes of the old west,  and as soon
as the fad hits anime fans in America, there should be a surge of popularity
for Deadlands.
What does this mean?  Heh, for guys that aren't well-versed in the ways of
anime, you're gonna get a lot of weird questions.  But never fear!  I'll
field 'em all!
Heh.  Thanks for your time, all.