[DL] Pace rules - speedy critters

Hi,

        I've not seen this covered in any of the books i'm currenly borrowing,
or in the acc. rules on sonic.net, but please point me in the right
direction if i'm covering old ground.

        I'm looking at pace, as a concept here.  It works nicely for humans
and humanoids, but i see problems for animals.  For instance, if you were
stating a cheetah for some reason (i pick this as an extreme example), the
following would apply.

Kilometers per hour: 104
Yards/sec: 32
Div. Factor for walking speed (as defined in rules): 2
Seconds in a round, iirc: 10
Walking pace: 160

That would have the cheetah walking at 52mph...  I know this is silly,
but are there hard and fast rules anywhere for how to resolve this?

I mean, you could just assign two paces, or a base pace and running
multiplier, i suppose...

cheers,

John