[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20020917

>Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:10:57 -0400
>From: heidij31@chartermi.net
>Subject: Re: [DL] two fisted
>

> > Now, we might have done it wrong, but back in the old campaign I played
>in, I had a two fisted character that used double action pistols.  My
>Marshall had me roll four times for each shot.  I like it better, because
>of
>the randomness which could be interprated as the cumlative effects of
>shooting.  So, you saw we were doing it wrong?
> > thanks.
> >

>The official rules are you roll once per shot.  Each shot is resolved
>seperatly.  The problem some people have had with that is it becomes very
>lethal, especially when the character's skill gets higher.  A DAR gives you
>two easy hits, while a gatling pistol only fires one more time and you need
>to beat the TN by 5 just to hit a second time, by 10 to hit a third time.
>As someone asked, why use a gatling pistol when a DAR is easily as
>dangerous.
>
>As always, YMMV
>
>Alex
This was brought up in a game last week. My player fanned his revolver into
two guys. When I corrected him when he started to roll for the other bullets
the group quickly decided to just use DAR. I had thought about requiring a
raise with DA. However, to curtail my posse it's great, but just doesn't
rest easy with me from my experience of shooting. So I've been kicking some
ideas around.
Could divide the dice up like the original fannin' skill. Skill shootin'
4d8. Let the player decide how they want to divide that. 2d8 first n second
shot, 3d8-1d8 etc. Could drop die types. 4d8 first shot, 4d6 second. Haven't
decided on anything and I don't want to mess with it too much for play
simplicity.
I did have a gun bunny that really made combat a drag. He got tired of my
game and left. I have a new gun bunny, but he's an actual ROLE-PLAYER and
doesn't offset the game. Sure he's deadly, but he's honest with his rolls,
and really adds to the game. Now if I can only get my huckster to get honest
with his rolls. I hate having to watch him all the time.
Anyway, besides requiring a raise for DA anybody try anything different for
shootin'?