Re: [DL] Academa: Trivia

 --- John Billings <jmb@dwarven.co.uk> wrote: > Hi all,

> 	I've made up these rules for a character who wanted to have 'trivia'
> as an Academic accomplishment.  I'm sure most people know someone who
> every now and then just knows something seemingly completely at
> random
> that is completely unrelated to their own job/hobby/whatever.  This
> is
> normally from seeing some bizarre documentary on fox/sky/hbo i
> suppose,
> but a player wanted the same ability in deadlands.  This is what i
> came
> up with - it's a bit rough around the edges, and may need tidying.
>
> ----
>
> Academia: Trivia

Excellent a fun aptitude.  I would probably have it that the
Academic:Trivia aptitude is a single roll but there is a 50:50 chance
as to whether the information is relevant or not.  Say, roll a D6

1-3 The information is related to the field but completely useless to
the situation.
4-6 The information is related to the field and relevant to the
situation.

An aptitude like this could be fun to play.

Cheers

Roy