Re: [DL] mad science d20 question

On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 12:14  AM, MaddawgScientist@aol.com
wrote:

> well, that would explain something, but not having the knowledge skills
> seems just as illogical. here howi run until hopefully i get a response
> from a designer.
>
> mad science is a key skill, it is related to the making of all gizmos.
> however other knowledge skills are needed(engineering, physics,
> demolitions, alchemy, mathmatics, ect.) on certain gizmos. like take
> the steam wagon, its obviously related to engineering, so the mad
> scientist makes either a mad science or knowledge(engineering) check,
> whichever he has a lower bonus on, against a DC5(DC10 if he is not
> trained the apporpriot knowledge skill). since mad science is trained
> only, if u dont have at least 1 rank in it, u cant build any gizmos.

In Deadlands Classic, I often require Mad Science rolls in a role
similar to Academia: Occult for mad science, but more focused. Not a
great aid, but if you want to catch a mad scientist, you need a mad
scientist (or at least it's easier!)

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)