Re: [DL] Expanded Mysterious Past List? (was "Hello Again")

I used a tarot deck for my game for the Mysterious Pasts.  But I treated
the pull like a rorshach test, combining the imagery of the card, the
interpretation of the card, the character and the player to come up with
something appropriate.

I had one player, playing a mexican bandit, pull a card indicating loyalty
and maybe glory - he ended up as a peasant hero, chased out of Mexico by
Maxmillian and the Foreign Legion.  Another player with a huckster drew a
card with one interpretation of financial ruin and/or the inability to hold
on to money, so he had horrible luck when gambling and the bigger the
stakes the bigger the bonus his opponents had to their rolls.

At 09:21 PM 10/15/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>Yeah, the list is still coming along.  My apologies for the delay,  we had
>some shortages at my job so i had to start working mucho overtime.  My
>fiance put the idea to me to make it based on a tarro deck so we're
>experimenting with that but it is tooling along.  If anyone has any ideas
>for entries, I'd love to discuss it over the list.  I will hopefully be
>posting some of my own individual entries tomorrow when i have a little
>more time to sit in front of the 'puter.
>
>                                                                  Ketchum
>

>Okay, we come out on three. One . . . two . . . two and 3/8 . . .
>

>Do you Yahoo!?
><http://faith.yahoo.com>Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos, & more
><http://faith.yahoo.com>faith.yahoo.com

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com

Man developed in Africa. He has not continued to do so there.
                 -P.J. O'Rourke