[DL] Classical music and DeadLands

I stumbled upon this site today when doing some
research on DeadLands period operas:

http://www.classicalworks.com/his.pages/1871to1880.htm

The site lists births, deaths, premiers and notable
events by year, organized in decades, as far back as
1000 AD.  Famous composers active during the DeadLands
timeframe include Gilbert & Sullivan, Bizet, Wagner,
Tchaikovsky and Brahms.  In opera, the European
facination with Egypt reigned supreme with such works
as "Aida" and "Samson et Delila".

For those of you interested, I've listed entries for
1876 through 1878 below:

1876:
-Bayreuth Festspielhaus opens with first complete
performance of Wagner's "Ring des Nibelungen"
-Brahms: Symphony No. 1, Opus 68
-Pablo Casals, Spanish Cellist, born
-Leo Delibes: "Sylvia," ballet, Paris
-Manuel de Falla, Spanish composer, born
-Ponchielli:"La Gioconda," opera, Milan
-Wagner: "Siegfried," opera, Bayreuth
-Bruno Walter, German conductor, born
-Ermanno Wolf-Ferrari, Italian-German composer, born

1877:
-Brahms: Symphony No. 2, Opus 75
-Ernst von Dohnanyi, Hungarian pianist and composer,
born
-Publication of complete edition of Mozart's works
begins (completed in 1904)
-Camille Saint-Saens: "Samson et Delila," opera,
Weimar
-Tchaikovsky: "Francesca da Rimini," symphonic poem

1878:
-A.W. Ambros: "Geschichte der Musik"
-Rutland Boughton, English composer, born
-Gilbert and Sullivan: "H.M.S. Pinafore"
-George Grove begins "Dictionary of Music and
Musicians" (first complete edition 1889)

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney Mallory