RE: [DL] New Mad Scientist's Edge

BAH!  I say!  And bah again!

'Ware the spoilers ahead!

One problem I see.  Even the slowest browser spirit from the future (would
he be running on dial-up?) would know how the world was terror-formed into a
Hell on Earth.  No way is it going to assist the future destroyer of the
world.

I'd say drop the "future" version.  Instead, make them all "proto-browsers."
The 3 point version just gives assistance in certain specialty, and the 5
point version is the Tool browser which affects all inventions.  This also
simplifies things where you don't have a "more useful" 5 point spirit than
others.

I don't really like the reduction of the hand needed to build a device; the
odds vary greatly between getting one poker hand and the next, so I prefer
not to mess with that.  I would go with a +2 to blueprint design and
tinkerin' rolls.  Raises on either of these rolls add to Reliability which
can give that benefit you were looking for, and the bonus ups the odds of
getting to draw an extra card when making your hand which means a better
chance to create the device.  Of course, it also means a better chance of
drawing the joker, but I'd say that's the drawback of having a tech spirit
tying you to the Hunting Grounds.

So, there.  You happy now!  ;-)

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."